Celery juice can contribute to our skin to a great extent. It works as a wonderful alternative to synthetic beauty products available in the market. Explore the skin benefits of celery juice below.
- Hydrates Skin: The juice extracted from celery is high in water as 95% of the weight of the plant is water. Hence, drinking celery juice in a regular manner can fulfill our daily requirements of water and keeps our skin cells hydrated. As a result, we get soft and supple skin (2).
- Prevents Skin Damage And Other Disorders: Water and antioxidant content of the juice are also good for purifying our body and making our skin clearer. Antioxidants are basically ‘free radical scavengers’, which make our body free from toxins and prevent our skin cells from getting damaged. On the other hand, water facilitates the elimination of those toxins as well as other waste materials from our body (3). Consequently, we can stay away from a number of skin disorders.
- Keeps Skin Young: Celery juice is loaded with vitamin A, B, C, K, niacin, and folate, which are essential for repairing skin damages as well as keeping up the health of our skin. These vitamins also help in producing collagen and nourishing our skin. Therefore, we get smooth, young and wrinkle-free skin.
- Ensures Glowing Skin: There are numerous minerals present in celery juice. These include calcium, potassium, magnesium, selenium, and so on. Regular intake of these minerals can result in bright and glowing skin.
Celery juice made two ways: using a juicer or a blender.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes Servings: 1
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 cup water or more if needed
- Juice the celery using the instructions per your juicer.
- Roughly chop the celery and add to your blender with the water. Begin to blend. If it's not blending, add a little more water.
- Strain the celery pulp out using a wire mesh strainer, a flour sack towel, or a nut bag.
Drink quickly on an empty stomach for maximum health benefits.
The juicer method will yield about 6 oz. of celery juice - this could vary between 4-8 oz. depending on how large your celery bunch is. I recommend starting out with half of a bunch if you have a sensitive stomach. You can work your way up to 2 bunches for maximum health benefits!